Residential settlement in the Kouses municipal district of the Faistos municipality, on the southwestern slopes of the Asterousia mountain range, at an altitude of 200m.
Its name, according to the tradition, is due to the fact that its first inhabitants were robbers.
In fact, in the first centuries after Christ, in the place of Manaria, southwest of the current village, Saint Eftychianos was martyred where the chapel of the Archangel Michael is located today. The hand and the ax (manaria) were imprinted on the rock where he was martyred.
The killer of the Saint, according to tradition, was a resident of Listaros.
Listaros is mentioned, in 1577, in the province of Kainourgio by Fr. Barozzi as Listaro and from Kastrofylakas as Clistaroto 1583 with 72 inhabitants. It is mentioned by Vasilikatas in 1630 under the same name.
However, the village is mentioned by Khourmouzi. Specifically, he states that before 1821 there were 11 Christian families, while in 1832 there were 3.
The existence of 2 churches before 1821 and none afterwards is also mentioned.
However, in the Egyptian census of 1834 (Pashley) it is mentioned as Listaro with 6 Christian families.
In the census of 1875 which was conducted by Russia's deputy consul I. Mitsotakis, he mentioned the village in the province of Temenos, which was home to 85 Christian residents (17 families). [Al. Andrikakis, Statistics of the year 1875, insert of newspaper. PATRIS, page 124 (February 2008)]
In 1900, in the first census of the Cretan State, Listaros continues to belong to the Municipality of Harakas and has 92 inhabitants (46 males and 46 females).
In 1920 it was mentioned as “Lestaros” in the Kouse community and in 1930 the spelling was changed to “Listaros”. In 2001 Listaros belonged to the Kapodistrian Municipality of Mires and in 2011 to the Municipality of Phaistos based on the Kalikratis plan.
The school of the village was founded on 6-10-1931 with 1 class and 31 students. It operated until the early 1970ies, when it closed due to lack of students.
In the 1990ies, Western Europeans began living in the village.
Establishment of the Cultural Committee of Listaros - Klimatogi.
The first elected executive board of Klimatogi takes up its work. The board consisited of Nikos Mauromanolakis, Adele Polasek, Eirini Sarri, Ioannis Adikimenakis, Petra Halvova, Adamantia Iordanopoulou, Giorgos Adikimenakis.